About University of Colorado Health
The partnership combines Poudre Valley Health System, one of the top-performing community health systems in the nation, with University of Colorado Hospital, the highest-ranked academic medical center in the country, and now, Memorial Health System in Colorado Springs into an organization dedicated to building healthier communities and providing unmatched patient care in the Rocky Mountain West.
University of Colorado Health will be governed by an 11-member board of directors. Its interim CEO and president is William A. Neff, M.D.
Separately, these institutions continue providing superior care to patients and service to the communities they serve. Together, they will push the boundaries of medicine, attracting more research funding, hosting more clinical trials and improving health through innovation.
UCHealth exists to make communities healthier and better modern medicine. They’ve done it by attracting the best nurses, doctors and staff dedicated to a patient-centric philosophy.
- Three Magnet designations by the American Nursing Credentialing Center three consecutive times, an accomplishment only 31 hospitals worldwide have achieved.
- Repeatedly been ranked among the best hospitals in the country by US News & World Report, other ratings services and health care organizations that closely examine medical specialties.
- Multiple Nightingale Award winners for excellence in nursing care.
- Medical outcomes above state averages in many areas.
- Deep involvement in implementing Institute for Healthcare Improvement, patient safety and clinical quality initiatives.
The benefits of a closer relationship between these three organizations are numerous, and include:
- The combining of academic-based and community-focused medicine, bringing innovative and leading-edge care to patients throughout the Rocky Mountain region.
- Being able to call on the collaborative care of the deepest bench of medical specialists in the region, especially in quickly advancing areas such as oncology, cardiovascular surgery, the neurosciences and the biosciences.
- Top-quality training sites for the next generation of health care professionals eager to meet the needs of diverse populations from the Front Range to Colorado Springs and into rural areas across the Eastern Plains.
- More opportunities for people in underserved and non-urban areas to get family and complex care.